Off to Work - Working in Partnership with Boyd's Brasserie
Working in partnership with Boyd’s Brasserie at 8 Northumberland Avenue, Off to Work training support the management with the in-house training of all restaurant and events staff. Covering a broad range of practical and soft skills, on a regular basis classes are conducted on site by experienced professionals providing not only an insight on industry but a understanding of the customer expectations with practical skills training.
Through Off to Work’s bespoke training program individuals are assessed and given the right level of guidance for career development and succeed in the hospitality industry. Please find below an example of the course syllabus.
- Consistent quality of service
- Seven reasons for important service
Customer Relationship Management
- Personal standards – Grooming, time keeping, attitude & knowing your market.
- Interpreting body language
- The positive and negative approach
- Understanding other cultures, personal space and chivalry
- Reading your customer – mirroring not mimicking
The basics in restaurant service
- Understanding you role and restaurant hierarchy
- Types of restaurant service
- Points of Restaurant Service
Menu and order training
- Order taking – short hand and guest positioning
- Understanding dietary requirements and special requirements.
Practical Bar service
- Introduction & the different types of bars
- Awareness, observation & prioritisation
- The right bar attitude
- Cash handling
Wine service and knowledge
- Understanding and delivering good wine service
- The basics in wine variety, region, vintage and quality.
- Wine tasting techniques
Restaurant sales & terms
- Understanding the different types of sales and opportunities
- Restaurant team work
- Restaurant terminology
If you require more information on our bespoke courses and training partnerships please contact Neil Preston